Computer Vision Engineer
Partpic is an Atlanta based computer vision startup that facilitates search for replacement parts using a camera enabled mobile device. We provide a simple way to initiate search for parts by allowing a user to upload a picture of the part he/she is looking to replace. Our algorithms inspect the given image and match it with one in our database. We were founded to take the hassle out of finding parts, by lessening the time it takes and required information (such as supplier part numbers) needed. We are looking for a talented engineer to drive improvements on our existing image recognition algorithm, and take on the next generation of development.
An ideal candidate will have the creativity, ingenuity and sheer curiosity to take our existing technology and develop it past the limits of current image processing and pattern recognition capabilities. The position requires a proven innovative track record and solid fundamental knowledge in the related fields of algorithm development including computer vision, image recognition, machine learning, and image processing such as dimension, color and texture analysis, classification, feature extraction, and statistical data analysis.
The responsibilities of this position cover the entire life cycle of algorithms, including modeling, proof-of-concept design, production software design and implementation, testing, documentation and user support. Since algorithms are integral to the software as a whole, the role will require interfacing with other team members to ensure all aspects of our solution speak to each other and integrate seamlessly.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Ph.D. or MS. in EE or CS with strong experience in image recognition algorithm development
• Experience in deep learning, CNNs, etc.
• Strong cross-validation and testing skills for various error types in classification and search systems
• Proficiency in C++, MySQL database for large datasets
• Familiarity with OpenCV
• Experience with feature extraction (SIFT, SURF, Hough Transform, etc.) for objects in images.
• Experience with Support Vector Machines (SVMs), “Bag of Words” classification, and/or other classifiers.
• Strong communication skills
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity please send your resume to email@example.com